Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Eye Spy

On our way to Tumble Tots every Tuesday we walk along a pretty path through the fields. Today, to pass the time, I launched a game of "I Spy" with Mummy.

"I spy with my little eye something beginning with E", I said.

Mummy looked all around, and then, "I can't see anything beginning with E".

"It's Elephant", I announced.

"I can't see any elephants", said Mummy

"Mmm ... but it begins with E".

Time for something easier. "I spy with my little eye something beginning with G".

"Grass", said Mummy, straight away.

"Well done!", I said, to encourage her - she had been quick. "It does begin with G. But its not that. It could be Goat. That begins with G. But there aren't any goats."

Mummy tried again. "Gate, then", she said.

"No" I said. I could see she was struggling, though we were walking past the very place I'd spied. I had to tell her. "It's Garden Centre".

No comments: